The CHERISH Consultation Service provides guidance to researchers on the design, implementation, interpretation, and dissemination and translation of observational and interventional studies related to treatment interventions for substance use disorder, HCV, and HIV, to ensure that planned economic analyses are methodologically sound and feasible.
Eligible researchers can receive up to 6 hours of consultation at no cost on the following topics:
- Budget impact and costing
- Health-related quality-of-life
- Qualitative data collection
- Statistical analysis/econometrics
- Dissemination science
- Health economic modeling
Frequently Asked Questions
Trainees, early-stage investigators, and seasoned investigators who are planning to:
- Apply for a career development award and wish to include training or research in economic methods in their application
- Conduct a multi-site interventional study, such as a randomized clinical trial, with an economic aim
- Conduct longitudinal analyses using electronic medical records, claims data, or other health system data
- Conduct economic decision analytic modeling
Once the request is deemed eligible, the CHERISH Methodology Core will schedule an introductory call to gather additional details about the request, such as the project timeline and objectives. This information will help identify potential consultants within the CHERISH Research Affiliate network. Once a CHERISH Research Affiliate has been found, the consultant and consultee will connect by email.
Each consultee will receive a maximum of 6 hours of consultation time. Any collaboration beyond the 6 hours sponsored by CHERISH would be solely at the discretion of the consultant and consultee. Consultations are usually conducted over the telephone or video. Upon completion, we ask both consultants and consultees to complete an evaluation form. Consultees will also be contacted at a later date to follow up on consultation outcomes.
We have worked with researchers who requested help with:
- Planning a study
- Preparing a grant application
- Analyzing data from an existing study
- Preparing an abstract, manuscript, presentation, or report
- Dissemination planning or execution
Read consultation success stories on our blog.
Ready for a Consultation?
Tell us about your project and what support you are looking for. The CHERISH Methodology Core will determine if the consultation request is appropriate and identify potential consultants within the CHERISH Research Affiliate network, following an introductory call to gather important project details. Our goal is to reply within 10 business days.