Applications are now closed. Information on the next call for proposals will be released Fall 2022.
CHERISH Pilot Grant Funding Opportunity 2022-2023
The Pilot Grant & Training Core at CHERISH manages pilot grant awards to support the development and application of methods and dissemination tools for health economics research in substance use disorders, HCV and HIV. The Pilot Grant & Training Core is now reviewing pilot project proposals from eligible investigators in the United States for the eighth cycle of funding from 2022 to 2023.
CHERISH is seeking to fund research projects consistent with our mission and this cycle encourages proposals relating to one of the following topics:
- Justice-legal involvement
- Polysubstance use or non-opioid substance use (stimulants, marijuana, etc.)
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV prevention.
CHERISH encourages pilot projects from new or early stage investigators that support future grant applications, meet the National Institutes of Health (NIH) priorities for health economics research, and align with the mission of CHERISH.
Applicants must fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
- Postdoctoral fellow or trainee under the mentorship of a CHERISH investigator or CHERISH Research Affiliate
- An investigator nominated by a CHERISH investigator or CHERISH Research Affiliate
- A CHERISH investigator or CHERISH Research Affiliate
Prospective applicants who do not meet the eligibility criteria or need assistance in connecting with a CHERISH investigator or Research Affiliate for mentorship or nomination can email [email protected] for support.
Priority consideration will be given to:
- Research related to justice-legal involvement, non-opioid substance use (stimulants, marijuana, etc.), or PrEP and aligns with the CHERISH mission
- Investigators in the field of HIV and substance use research who are from nationally underrepresented populations as defined by NIH
- New or early stage investigators as defined by NIH
- Investigators new to the field of health economics or substance use disorders
- Research consistent with NIH HIV/AIDS research priority areas
Q&A Session: CHERISH Pilot Grant Funding Opportunity
This recording provides an overview about the eligibility requirements, application process, and program experience. Speakers include Pilot Grant & Training Core Director Brandon Aden and former pilot grant recipients Kit Delgado and Angélica Meinhofer.