After sharing a national call for proposals with a focus on health and/or health care disparities, the Pilot Grant & Training Core selected four recipients to receive the seventh cycle of pilot grant funding from 2021 to 2022. Prospective candidates may check back fall of 2021 to apply for the next cycle.
Applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Post-doctoral fellow or trainee under the mentorship of a CHERISH investigator or CHERISH Research Affiliate
- An investigator nominated by a CHERISH investigator or CHERISH Research Affiliate
- CHERISH investigator or CHERISH Research Affiliate
Priority consideration will be given to:
- Research addressing health and/or health care disparities consistent with the CHERISH mission
- Investigators in the field of HIV and substance use research who are considered to be from nationally underrepresented populations as defined by NIH
- New or early stage investigators as defined by NIH
- Investigators new to the field of health economics or substance use disorders
If you do not fulfill the eligibility criteria and are interested in applying for the pilot grant, please reach out to Senior Research Manager Jared Leff ([email protected]). Pilot grant awards are dependent on continued CHERISH funding.